Saturday, November 17, 2007

Logs and Exponents BOB

It's the end of the third unit and it's time for blogging on blogging. I would have to say that this unit was probably the most difficult because even though Mr.K would say "a logarithm is an exponent", the concept is easy to understand, it's applying it that is confusing. Problems were difficult at first to solve because we didn't learn the rules in class yet. It got easier when Mr.K would give us problems all the time and it really helped with my understanding of this unit. Like the other units, I liked this one since there are so many things you can do with it, such as the exponential modeling. I guess what would make the unit test hard is not knowing when to use the exponent laws or how to use them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very important to get a lot of experience and practice in when you are dealing with concepts that seem difficult at first. I think you are very fortunate to have a teacher who gives you problems that help with your understanding. I remember in my high school math classes I wasn't as lucky. My teacher gave us few examples and they were always much easier than the ones on the test. Keep up the good work!

Jeff Moser Mentor
University of Regina