Sunday, November 18, 2007

Log and Exponents BoB

B-B-Bobbing.
Well this unit wasn't that difficult in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I'm trying to concentrate more. I think the most difficult concept to grasp at first was that a logarithm is an exponent. Just now I was doing a problem: 27^log[base3]9 (How am I suppose to type that?). I remember we had a similar question on a quiz, which I got wrong. I get it now though because a logarithm is an exponent therefore log[base3]9 is equal to 2. So solving the question is easy because you just take 27^2. It's such a simple concept, but so difficult to grasp! I suppose that's my "breakthrough" moment. Hopefully I can always keep this is mind. "A logarithm is an exponent."
I've been studying diligently this weekend (for the most part) and doing the problems from the textbook. It isn't that difficult especially when they show you how to do it at the back when you get stumped. I've attempted these exercises before, but now I'm trying them all over again so hopefully this proves to be beneficial.
I understand how to do the questions when I have my notes in front of me for quick reference, but I am ultimately worried that I will forget when and where to apply the laws and rules. There's that math anxiety.
Well, the one thing I am confused about at the moment is when to use the "A=Pe^rt" method or the "A=P(1+r/n)^tn" method when problem solving. I think I understand the model stuff though. I'm going to have to work on those problem solving questions.
I've noticed from that my percentage mark on tests is slightly higher on each passing test than the one previous to it. So hopefully by studying diligently, I might pass this test. A little sad, but I'm hoping I do well.
Well, this has been my, b-b-bob. Good luck on the test everyone.
Good day.

No comments: