Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Scribe Post: Trigometric Identities







Hello everyone! This is LiON! I’m finally the scribe!! I've been dreading for this day. Horray, I'm last. I kinda feel forgotten. OH WELL

Anyways, I wanted to start off with the riddle I gave everyone.

“When you have it, you want to share it. Once you share it, you don't have it.”

No cheating! Let's see if you can get it and ask me tomorrow.

Okay moving on to math...

Today Mr. K gave us a surprise quiz. Well, I thought it was a surprise! I didn't expect it at all! I'm sure no one expected it too.

I’m not really articulate or good at explaining with words. It’s easier for me to describe something with pictures so I’m sorry if I don’t help make things clear but I’ll try my best!

Remember Mathematics is the science of patterns!It’d be easier if you could remember all the different things that equal to each other for this unit.

I’m really not good at this. I have no idea if there’s a simpler way of explaining this than what’s on the slide already. Hmm…

So the first thing we have to do is change sec Θ and tan Θ to sine and cosine which becomes

(WHY CAN'T I UNDERLINE T_T)


Thus proving a) as the correct answer.


1st we have to change cos² Θ to sine. Because





Since we know that: tan² Θ + 1 = sec² Θ

Then you can manipulate it 1 - sec² Θ = - tan² Θ

Tah daH!
After we finished correcting the quiz we went into groups and started doing more complicated problems.

I really don't know how to explain the rest of the slides T_T I think it’s pretty self explanatory…


The Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "which was to be demonstrated", and figuratively, "I rest my case").
- Wikipedia


It’s basically saying that you have proven that it’s equal. In other words like saying, “HA! MY ANSWERS RIGHT!”

I feel like this scribe post was useless and ugly T_T …


Well, next scribe is ME! X)

No comments: