Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Conics BOB

The conics unit is finished and our unit test is tomorrow. I have to say that this unit wasn't hard and was easy to understand. Perhaps one of the only things that trick me is when we have to complete the square for an elipse and hyperbola. Half the time I forget to multiply the squared term by the coefficient if there is one, so I have to be careful of that if it's on the test. I think I understand everything else since I know the properties of each conic. Like the signs in an elipse are always the same while in an hyperbola they are opposite, whether the 'y' is negative or the 'x'; an parabola only has one squared term; and a circle has the same coefficient for the 'x' and 'y'. I'm pretty confident on making the equations for each conics and that I'll do well in this test.

Good luck to everyone!!

No comments: